This prize was founded in 2011 and is maintained with donations from the JCU Nursing Alumni with contributions from the graduating classes. It is awarded to the Cairns Campus student who has completed the second year and is enrolled in the third year of the Bachelor of Nursing Science degree and who demonstrates:
- leadership qualities within the peer group;
- a positive and collegial attitude to peers and colleagues;
- and outstanding personal qualities in contributing to the betterment of the School community.
They must also:
- provide service to the University;
- participate in co-curricular activities;
- and promote the University and themselves in a professional manner.