The College facilitates and recognises student participation in co-curricular activities with a focus on life in the tropics – building on your skills and supporting your lifelong development.
The College’s activities and events are grouped within three modules: Leadership, Community Engagement and Cultural Competency.
All workshops and events are free. Upcoming workshops in Townsville and Cairns include:
- Networking & social media presence
- Public speaking
- Leadership for sustainability
- Stress management
- Confident, assertive, in charge: developing the attitudes of leadership, anti-bullying and effective communication
- Managing yourself and working with others
- Culture and communication
- Cultural awareness
- RUOK? Day - Suicide awareness and response
- Mental Health Week - Mindfulness
- Conflict resolution
Free membership: If you are enrolled at JCU, you are a member of the JCU Professional College.
Keep a record: Record your participation in activities & events. Try using Career Hub or PebblePad.
Completion: Each 10 hour module can be completed over the course of your degree.
Recognition: Download the form from the website. At the end of each major study period, request a certificate for completed modules. Upon graduation, apply for formal recognition of completed modules.
For further information, please visit http://www.jcu.edu.au/procollege/